Saturday, January 30, 2016

Christmas Ornaments


The challenge this week at 52 CCT is to use gilding or foils.  I have had gold and silver gilding flakes in my stash for a couple of years that I have forgotten about.  
I decided to go CAS with the card to really show off the gold ornaments.  I made the ornaments using a sizzix die.  I then ran them though my xyron sticker maker before adding the gold flakes. I really like the way they turned out.  The sentiment was stamped and then embossing with gold embossing.  For a little extra gold, I used gold thread for the stitching.
I hope you join us in this challenge and show us your creative projects using gilding or foils. 


Project details:
Ornaments: Sizzix dies
martha Stewart branch punch
holly die

Entered in following challenges:
Less Is More: Down Under (going out on a limb with this and saying under the tree branch)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge: Anything goes Christmas
Brown Sugar Challenge: Anything Goes
Crating With Friends: Anything goes

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a lovely card with an "outside the box" connection to the challenge, but sadly you have linked it to too many challenges for us at Less is More where we have a max of 5 challenges which may be combined!
Do join us again!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Amy Cohen said...

Such a great idea- love this! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a pretty card so crisp design Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Gorgeous card! That stitching is a brilliant idea.
Sharon xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous cas card. Your gold flakes turned out beautifully and love the gold stitching as well.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Gorgous card and very beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at CWF.


hugs
Claudia
DT Crafting With Friends
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

May I ask you to use this link to be able to participate to the challenge:
http://crafting-with-friends.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/challenge-13.html

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love the way the ornaments turned out! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely and a head start on next year TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

Anne said...

What a clever idea, but as Chrissie has said, unfortunately you have entered too many challenges to be able to join us at LIM :(

Anne
"Less is More"

Fabiola said...

Oh la la Julie, quelle élégance, elle est superbement chic, biz

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 266 - hope to see you again soon x

Neets B said...

Great interpretation of our challenge and I love all that white space. Such a shame you linked up to too many challenges.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Deborah Frings said...

I think your gilded ornaments are so pretty. Such a clean, simple and elegant card xx