Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My First Zentangle

 
I decided to try a little Zentangling (is that a word?)  Zentangle is a popular new way to doodle.  It is supposed to be relaxing.  I found it frustrating.  My sister in law makes beautiful Zentangle projects.  She even has some for sale in her etsy shop,  The Purple O.  She is taking a little break for summer to spend time with her kids.
Anyway, it was frustrating for me because even though I know it's not supposed to be perfect, I do not have a steady hand for doodling.  I am sharing my first try, mistakes and imperfections included.
 
 
Card Details:
Image: Sassy Cheryl stamps
Copics:  E00, E13, E21, E37, E35, E53, R02, R05, W0, BG10, BG70, Y26, Y23, YR20
Spellbinders leave die
After coloring with copics, I painted the sun with extreme glitter paint, added some pen work around the image and stickles to her skirt
 
Entered in following challenges:
Crafting by Designs: Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge:  All About "S" (Sun, faux "stitching")
Digi Stamps for Joy: Girly/feminine
 


15 comments:

~ginny said...

Love how you worked it into this design Julie.putting a tangled sun behind this image is really creative! And I see no mistakes... you did good kid!
~ginny

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous image and card design Ginny x

Sassy Cheryl said...

LOL on the whole Zentangle being relaxing. That statement just totally cracked me up!

What a fabulous little card, Julie. Simply adorable!
LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing along in the Doodle challenge with my Sassy Gals!

Marja B. said...

Lovely summer card! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

Hugs, Marja
Stampavie and More DT

KarinsArtScrap said...

Julie so sweet and beautiful card.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

jkreucher said...

I really love the look of Zentangle.. I doodle all the time, but never on a finished something I would actually use for something. I think it would be fun to try..I am one that thinks it would be relaxing..
your card is so cute.. I love your coloring and design..
this is one of my fave Sassy images..
Thanks so much for playing along in our Sassy Challenge this week!
hugs
Judy

Sher said...

So cute! The song Walking on Sunshine from Katrina & the Waves popped in my head as soon as I saw this! Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs Month Long Anything Goes Challenge.

ursula Uphof said...

Love your card Julie, and your zentangle. I have yet to try one..it is my intention soon.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Digistamps4Joy this week and good luck..
Ursula Uphof DT member

Turtle In The Sand said...

Zentangling is relaxing when you relax and let your pen do the flowing. You my darling have created an awesome pattern. I never would have believed it was your first attempt. I love the way it mirrors the sun in the digi image. Just fantastic Julie. I LOVE it!.Thanks for sharing it with Sassy Cheryls Challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘GIRLY/FEMININE’ challenge. Such a cute image too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Desire Fourie said...

This is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘GIRLY/FEMININE’ challenge. Such a cute image too. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie Odil said...

I haven't tried Zentangle yet, but yours looks perfect! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy. Julie O, DT member

Unknown said...

Oh! Adorable! I really like the zentangle!!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Julie, I love your Zentangle but I am like you as my hand shakes and I try to be perfect. Yours however is wonderful. But I am not sure about relaxing. lol Thanks so much for doodling along with us at Sassy Cheryl Challenges. Hugs, joann

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet card! An adorable image and lovely doodling.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne