Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fall


I can't believe that fall will soon be here.  My oldest is going back to college tomorrow.  He planned to leave today but I convinced him to stay one more day. Which means I need to come up with an awesome home cooked meal tonight.  My youngest starts his senior year of high school.  yikes!  It seems like just yesterday he was starting kindergarten.  He attends high school in the mornings and technical school in the afternoons.  We had back to school night last night at his technical school.  Always makes me proud when the teachers seek me out to tell me how they love to have him as a student.
This is always a busy time of year for me.  Not only am I getting my boys ready to go back to school, but myself as well.  I run a daycare and teach preschool so I have been busy getting ready for all of my favorite young people. Cleaning equipment and lesson plans have been my daily agenda.   Also, my garden has decided to keep producing more than we can eat, can or freeze.  Anyone that shows up at our door, is offered bags full of green beans, corn, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and zucchini.  Soon it will be cantelope, apples and pears.  My own sons have said, " no more zucchini!"  We have eaten it every possible way:  zucchini fries, bread, casseroles, stir fry, etc.  As you can imagine, this means that my crafting has had to take a back seat.  In fact, I haven't had much time all summer to spend in my craft room.  I found an hour one evening and was able to make this card.
 
This is my dt card for Aud Sentiments.  The challenge theme is "Anything But A Birthday Card!"  This would be a great time to get started on Christmas cards if you haven't already.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Stamp Art Design by Kathryn.  I used her adorable Autumn Friends image. 
 
Card Details:
Image:  Autumn Friends from Stamp Art Design by Kathryn
Spellbinders foliage, scalloped circle and square dies
Pumpkins:  Pumpkin Carving Cricut cartridge cut at 2 and 1.75 inches
Acylic leaf gems from dollar spot at Michaels
Sketch:  Sketch and Stash 15
Copics: W0, W1, W3, Y21, Y23, E30, E31, T1, T4, T7, T9, B91, B93, B95, b97, E08, E09, E19, BG93, BG96, YR20, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR24, YR65


Entered in following challenges:
Make it Monday: Anything goes
Sketch and Stash: Sketch 15
Flourishes:  Autumn Colors


8 comments:

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

You are a very busy lady, Julie! Awesome Mom by the sounds of things too! Your card is fabulous. I love your colourings and shadings on the image. The pumpkins go perfectly with it. Great job putting it all together. Love it! Only one hour? Way to go! xx Kathryne

Cynthia said...

Oh your card is simply amazing. I love the coloring. Saw it over on MIM! Thanks for sharing.

Rene said...

I LOVE fall cards...makes me think of hot cocoa, sweaters and gorgeous leaves! Your card is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Good luck!
Rene :D

~ginny said...

Love the coloring on this image Julie - definitely a fun fall card!
~ginny g

~@ngie~ said...

a fantastic & fun card... that image is just way too cute lol love the dp's too :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Broni said...

What an adorable scarecrow and pumpkin image! Great fall card! Thanks for playing along in the Timeless Tuesday challenge with us!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

FAb card, Julie - great colours and papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash this fortnight, Juliexx